There’s something so magical about October. I find myself counting down to it every year. Counting down to the weather change, the State Fair opening, the night where Michael and I go Trick or Treating and then eat all his candy while watching Hocus Pocus. My month is jam-packed this year, but I promise it won’t keep me out of the kitchen. My first October post is a fall-fueled cookie that I sent to my Leftovers Club partner Susan from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen. Look at this Fig Rum Swizzle cocktail she created! It’s definitely on my must-try list for the month!
Makes 3 dozen
What You Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup canned pumkin
- 1/2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 & 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 eggsWhat To Do:
1. Blend together shortening, sugar, and eggs.
2. Add in flour, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice until mixture is creamy.
3. Gradually add in the canned pumpkin until it is distributed evenly throughout the batter.
4. Mix in 1 cup of the pecans.
5. Refrigerate dough for a minimum of 2 hours.
6. Pre-heat oven to 250 F.
7. Using a tablespoon, scoop dough into balls and place on a greased baking sheet.
8. Top each cookie ball with the remaining pecans.
9. Bake for 15 minutes.