It’s the final day of my Week of Basil! I hope you were intrigued by all the weird green things I made this week, especially yesterday’s Tomato Basil Deviled Eggs. This is by far my favorite recipe this week though. These little muffins are full of sun-dried tomato pieces and fresh basil. Then I went ahead and added a bunch of cheddar to the dough. Everything is better with cheese! They’re a perfect substitute for dinner rolls or you can just do what I do and eat them by themselves as a snack.
Recipe: Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Muffins
What You Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- 1 & 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato pieces
- 2 eggs
What to Do:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
2. Chop your basil into small pieces and set aside.
3. Mix together flour, pepper, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add in eggs, olive oil, and milk until smooth. Then mix in the tomatoes, basil and 1 cup of the cheese.
5. Divide the batter evenly between the 12 holes in a muffin tray.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. When the muffins are done, switch your oven over to its broil setting. Quickly sprinkle the remaining cheese to the tops of each muffin. Broil for 30 seconds.
8. Let muffins cool before attempting to remove them from the pan.
9. Serve warm with butter.