It’s Leftovers Club Day! I wanted to do something different than my usual cookie recipe this month, so I decided to try my hand at fudge for the first time. I also knew I wanted to include some sort of alcohol, as it is almost St. Patrick’s Day and (sometimes) I like to actually live up to my Irish nature. So when I was paired with Mary Kay from Homemade Cravings, I developed a fudge recipe for her using one of the only spirits I actually drink — Malibu Rum. Malibu is rum that also uses coconut liquor. I am basically a fan of everything chocolate and coconut. I really hope she likes it because heaven knows I’m going to be obsessed with this California Pizza Kitchen Butter Cake that she’s sending me. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
What You Need:
- 2 bags white chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Malibu
What To Do:
1. In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except for the coconut. Mix until chocolate has almost completely melted.
2. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the coconut pieces.
3. Pour the mixture into a 9 x 9 baking dish that is lined with aluminum foil. Make sure that the foil hangs over the edges of the dish a bit. This will make it easier to pull the entire block of fudge out later.
4. Put the baking dish in the fridge and let the fudge sit until it is completely set.
5. Carefully remove the foil from the baking dish. Cut into squares.
Want to see what all my friends made this month? Click through their links below:
Oatmeal Berry Crumb Bars – Sugar Dish Me
Spicy Honey Mustard Cashews – Little Kitchie
Dulce De Leche Croissants – Basic N Delicious
Pistachio and Cranberry Bark – Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Chocolate + Potato Chip Cookies – Elizbatte
S’mores Cookies – Charlotte Turtle
Bailey’s Irish Cream Brownies – Eats Well With Others
Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies – Meadows Cooks
Fresh Blackberry and Meyer Lemon Bread – Live, Bake, Love
Sunbutter Choco Chip Cookies – Cooking with Milton
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies – Runnin Sri Lankan
Hazelnut Cookies with Mini Chocolate Chips – The Spiced Life
Chocolate Lavender Blueberry Truffles – Pinch and Swirl
Coco-nutty Bars -Take A Bite Out of Boca