Alright, so maybe there’s not that much basil in this recipe to include it in Basil Week, but I just couldn’t help myself. It’s midway through the week and I need to stress eat some delicious pizza. Luckily this one has tons of veggies and I used turkey sausage to make it healthier. Get ready for a beautiful and easy pizza with not a lot of guilt!
Recipe: Sausage and Pepper Flatbread Pizza
What You Need:
- 1 pre-made flatbread pizza crust
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 1 & 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halfed
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 2 turkey sausage links, cooked
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
What To Do:
1. Pre-heat oven to whatever the pizza crust package calls for.
2. Assemble your pizza. Put a light coating of sauce on the crust. Don’t go to crazy, or it will soak through the crust and forever stick it to the pizza pan. Believe me. Sprinkle generous amounts of cheese on the sauce. Add peppers, tomatoes, and sausage. Finally, top the pizza with the basil.
3. Cook for 10 minutes and enojy!