I have a love-hate relationship with one of the cooks at work. Actually, up until a few weeks ago it was a very strict hate-only relationship. Usually my nights consist of him telling me to run food that is not mine, and me trying to fly through the tiny expo window to slap him for it. However, after an exceptionally awful evening last month I arrived at work and was told these were in the break room. He had made them for fun and they were mine if I wanted. I bit into the pancakes, assuming they would be awful and it was some kind of cruel joke. Only it wasn’t a joke at all. It was a masterpiece. I spent several mornings trying to recreate the flavors that warmed my heart (and my tummy) so I could share it with you. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Chocolate Chip-Bacon Pancakes.
These indulgent beauties are actually fairly simple to make – basic pancake mix with an addition of chocolate chips and crumbled bacon, poured out onto a skillet and then served on a plate with some sweet, sweet toppings. If you’re more of a maple syrup person feel free, but I think the chocolate syrup gives the melted chips and crispy bacon the extra pop your breakfast needs!
Recipe: Chocolate Chip Bacon Pancakes
Makes 6 – 8 pancakes
What You Need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- chocolate syrup and whipped cream for topping, optional
What To Do:
1. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat
2. Mix together flour, sugar, and baking soda.
3. Add in the milk, eggs, and oil until the batter is smooth.
4. Slowly mix in the chocolate chips and bacon pieces until evenly distributed.
5. Pour batter onto the skillet and let cook until the mix begins to bubble. Flip the pancakes over and cook an additional minute.
6. Repeat the process until all of the batter is gone.
7. Stack them high and add toppings, if desired!