For this month’s Leftovers Club, I was paired with Lauren from Healthy Delicious. Last time we were paired together I decided it’d be fun to send her these Pancakes and Bacon Cookies, clearly not remembering that her site literally has the word “healthy” in the title. Oops. This time I calmed it down and threw some healthy protein-packed slivered almonds into biscotti and shipped them off. Not the healthiest thing ever, but clearly better than cookies chock full of maple syrup.
Recipe: Almond Biscotti
Makes 10-12 biscotti
What You Need:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup almonds, slivered
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
What To Do:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar in a large bowl.
3. Add the eggs and almond extract until well combined.
4. Fold in the slivered almonds.
5. Pour dough onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Shape so it is in a long brick. Bake for 25 minutes.
6. Using a large knife, carefully cut the biscotti brick into slices. Be extremely cautious, as the slices will break easily if you rush this. (Trust me, I know)
7. Adjust the heat of the oven to 325 F and return the biscotti to the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
8. Let cool before eating.
Interested to see what all my friends made this month? Here’s links to all of their great recipes!
Oatmeal-Chai Caramel Cookies – Platter Talk
Cream Cheese Sprinkle Cookies – The Spiced Life
Biscoff White Chocolate Chip Cookies – Sugar Dish Me
Salted Butterscotch Marshmallows -Omeletta
Honey’s Apple and Coconut Tea Cake – Honey and Nonno
Gourmet Grilled Cheese with Jalapeno Jelly – Healthy Delicious
Cat’s Tongue Cookies – The Urban Mrs.
Fuzzy Navel Thumbprint Cookies – Take a Bite Out of Boca
Peanut Butter Chai Cookies – The Frugal Foodie Mama
Banana Bread Brownies – Eats Well With Others
Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies – Food Ramblings
Toasted Coconut, Pineapple and Date Bites – Pineapple & Coconut
Sweet Potato Muffins – Meadows Cooks
Homemade Carmelitas – Cooking in Stilettos