I would like to meet the couple behind Inspired Taste and hug them for all their amazing ideas. Their best idea? Stuffed Shells with Sausage and Spinach. It makes my mouth water just typing the name. This is literally the best tasting meal I’ve ever made. I would have eaten the whole tray of them if other people weren’t there to judge me. Yes, that good.
Stuffed Shells With Sausage and Spinach
Makes about 20 shells
What You Need:
1 box jumbo pasta shells
1 pound fresh pork sausage links, casing removed
3 cloves minced garlic
1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeeze dry
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
salt and freshly ground pepper
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Fill a large pot with cold water
3. Cook shells as package directs. Then place in cold water pot.
4. Cook sausage in skillet. Break the sausage into pieces while it cooks.
5. Add garlic, tomatoes, and now-dry spinach.
6. Turn off heat under skillet and add ricotta cheese. Stir
7. Carefully spoon mixture into shells and place in 9 x 9 baking dish.
8. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 30 minutes.