Sometimes Rarely I make healthy recipes. It’s not that I don’t like being healthy, I try to be. It’s just that chocolate chips are delicious and addicting. When I came across this recipe I was extremely excited because it was healthy, but also included tiny morsels of goodness.
One problem: I hate oatmeal. Just the appearance of oatmeal makes me dry heave. But I thought maybe since I’m older now, maybe my tastes have change.
Oatmeal is apparently INCREDIBLY delicious once you put bananas, strawberries, and chocolate chips in it. This baked version is light and it makes you feel like you’re being super healthy. It was also pretty simple to make and has you looking like a Champion of Breakfast.
Recipe: Baked Oatmeal with Chocolate, Strawberries, and Banana
(Adapted from Inspired Taste)
Makes 6 Servings
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup walnut pieces, chopped
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups milk
1 large egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 banana, peeled, 1/2-inch slices
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, half the walnuts, half the strawberries and half the chocolate. (Save the other half of strawberries, walnuts and chocolate for the top of the oatmeal).
- In another large bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the oat mixture to greased 10 1/2 x 7 in. baking dish
- Place remaining chocolate, strawberries, and walnuts evenly on top, along with the banana slices.
- Pour wet mixture on top of the oats.
- Bake 40 minutes and serve warm.