I love this recipe I found from Inspired Taste. If you remember, they are also the geniuses behind my favorite thing I have ever cooked, Stuffed Shells with Sausage and Spinach. I love this recipe because I was able to get my veggies in, while also eating a low-calorie pasta dinner.
Of course, the penne required for the original dish was not in my pantry and I did not feel like going to Wal-Mart at 7 pm just to buy pasta, so I changed it up a little and used farfalle. Farfalle is just a fancy way of saying bow-tie pasta. I also changed the steps to make the pasta because I got too excited and did not fully read the recipe before beginning.
Recipe: Baked Spinach & Artichoke Farfalle (adapted from Inspired Taste)
Makes 6 servings, 330 calories each.
What You Need:
- 1 box farfalle pasta
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered and drained
- 2 cups marinara
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
What You Do:
1. Heat oven to 350 F.
2. Cook pasta according to package, drain and return to pot.
3. While your pasta is cooking, heat tomato sauce in small pan.
4. Combine the sour cream and pesto in a small bowl.
5. In the pot with your pasta, add artichokes, spinach, marinara, pesto mix, and half of your cheese, toss.
6. Scoop your pasta into a 9 x 11 greased baking dish. Top with remaining cheese.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.