I am pretty serious about this Lose It! Veggie Challenge. It is Day 14 and I have gotten every single point. It is teaching me the importance of eating fresh foods over my typical frozen dinner lunches.
I am also trying to cook my way through the Food Network Cookbook “Great Easy Meals: 250 Fun & Fast Recipes”, which is where the recipe I modified to make these Brussels sprouts came from. Below is my version of the tasty side dish.
Recipe: Honey Brussels Sprouts Hash
What You Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup yellow onion, choppedWhat You Do:
1. Melt butter in skillet and add 2 tablespoons of the honey. Add onions to the butter and cook until golden.
2. While onions cook, thinly chop brussels sprouts. Add to skillet and cook until sprouts are crisp, about 10 minutes.
3. Turn heat off and toss with pepper and remaining honey.