Remember that one time I forgot that Leftovers Club posts were due? I have no idea how this week snuck up on me. It has been a busy few weeks I suppose. Anyway, after attempting several recipes to no avail, I came up with these cookies. They are soft and fluffy chocolate chip cookies stuffed with mini marshmallows. I had to make several batches before I just got them right, but even the wonky ones where the marshmallow evaporated in the oven still tasted amazing.
Makes 14 cookies
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows, frozen
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 & 1/2 cups all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsaltd butter, melted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
What To Do:
1. Mix together the melted butter, sugar, and eggs in a large bowl or electric mixer.
2. Add in all other ingredients except for the marshmallows.
3. Chill dough in the fridge for at least an hour.
4. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
5. Flatten one tablespoon of the dough onto a flat surface. Place 3 to 4 mini marshmallows on top of the dough and then cover them with another tablespoon of dough. Shape into a ball and place onto a greased cookie sheet.
6. Place entire cookie sheet in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. (Here’s Why: If you do not chill the dough balls, the edges will brown too much and the bottoms will darken. I learned from experience. Also, if the marshmallows are not completely cold, they evaporate into the dough when baking!)
7. Bake for 12 minutes.
8. Let the cookies cool for 5 to 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Peppermint Patty Cookies – Food Ramblings
Rosemary Roasted Almonds – In the Loop
Salt-N-Pepper Cookies – Joanne Eats Well With Others
Ginger Granola with Red Quinoa – The Low-Acid Kitchen
English Toffee – Omeletta
Caramel Apple Cookies – Live, Bake, Love
Pumpkin Swirl Raisin Bread – Mind Over Batter
Candy Cane Kiss Cups – Sugar Dish Me
Oatmeal in a Little Black Dress – Pinch & Swirl
Rum-Soaked Chocolate Chip Cookies – Cooking in Stilettos
Orange Marshmallows – The Spiced Life
Pumpkin Rugalach – Take A Bite Out Of Boca
Orange-Bourbon Cranberry Sauce Brownies – Notes From A Messy Kitchen
Andes Peppermint Bark – Lacey Moody
German Burnt Sugar Almonds – Souffle Bombay