I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving full of family, fun, and food! I love Thanksgiving because my whole family gets together. We eat, watch the football game, then attempt to recreate it outside. We then make sandwiches with the leftover turkey and have dessert. It is truly a day full of eating. Then a few of the women in my family go get our exercise by heading out to the Black Friday sale. If you have never been to the midnight event, it is truly crazy. We bring walkie talkies so we can let someone know when we have been separated and if we have seen anything crazy we would like to share. Ex. Last year we witnessed a boy in his late teens crying as he cradled a Easy Bake Oven. Anyway, since the majority of our Christmas shopping is done this early morning, I feel quite festive and made these. They’re so simple, but look fancy (and are delicious!)
Recipe: White Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Sandwich Cookies
What You Need:
- 1 package sandwich cookies (I used Mega Stuffed Oreos)
- 12 oz. white chocolate Almond Bark
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint (I used Peppermint Pigsy Dust from World Market)
What To Do:
1. Melt almond bark in a microwave safe bowl in 90 second increments, stirring after each one. Do this until chocolate is completely smooth.
2. Carefully roll each cookie in the melted chocolate until it is totally covered. If any places get uncovered when you lift them, you can use the back of a spatula to recover the holes.
3. Place each cookie onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
4. Sprinkle peppermint evenly onto the top of each cookie.
5. Refrigerate cookies for 1 hour, or until the white chocolate is solid.