Wednesdays have officially become movie night. Movie night started after I was obsessively talking about my love for actor Paul Dano to my friend Jason, who may quite possibly love film even more than I do. When he asked what I thought of Dano in There Will Be Blood and I mentioned that I hadn’t seen it, a beautiful weekly tradition was born. Wednesday nights I go to Jason’s apartment and we gather his other roommates to have “Family Dinner”, watch a movie I have never seen, and bake something. I really, really wanted to make these cupcakes for them last week, and then found out they all hate Almond Joys. It was devastating. (Luckily, they all enjoyed the s’mores cupcakes I brought instead.) Hopefully you love Almond Joys more than the boys do, because I really wanted to share this easy recipe with you today.
Makes 20 cupcakes
What You Need:
- 1 box Golden Vanilla cake mix
- 1 tub Betty Crocker Almond Joy frosting
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
What To Do:
1. Mix your cake mix according to the packaging.
2. Add in coconut extract.
3. Bake. (Mine took 18 minutes).
4. After letting the cupcakes cool, Spread a thick layer of frosting onto eack cupcake and sprinkle coconut on top.
5. Refridgerate for 30 minutes before eating so that the coconut can firmly stick to each cupcake.