Mondays could always use a little chocolate. That’s why today I am sharing these Chocolate Fudge Cake Balls. These tiny bites of chocolate cake goodness swirled with frosting are an easy way to cure those Monday Blues!
Recipe: Chocolate Fudge Cake Balls
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cake balls
What You Need:
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 tub chocolate fudge frosting
- 1 package dark chocolate candy melts
- 1 package milk chocolate candy melts
What To Do:
1. Bake cake according to package. Let it cool completely.
2. In a large bowl, mash cake. Add 3/4 of the tub of frosting. Mix until well incorporated. Stick the mixture in the fridge for an hour.
3. Using a tablespoon, form cake balls. Gently place the balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, being sure to keep the cake balls rounded. Freeze overnight.
4. The next day, melt dark chocolate in a large bowl. Carefully roll each cake ball in the dark chocolate and then place back on the baking sheet. These should dry quickly due to the contrast of the frozen cake and the hot, melted chocolate.
5. When all of the balls are dry, melt milk chocolate. Scoop the chocolate into a small ziplock bag and snip off one of the bottom corners. Pipe the chocolate onto each cake ball for added color and cute drizzle!