Can you believe August is almost halfway over? Summer is going by so fast! I am really excited for today. Not only do I get to share another granola recipe with you, but tonight my cousin Lexi and I are going to the Bruno Mars concert to celebrate her upcoming birthday. We have had these tickets since early March, so the fact that today has finally arrived is extremely exciting!
After making my Nutty Cinnamon Granola for The Leftovers Club at the beginning of the month, I became obsessed with trying out new granola recipes. It takes under 45 minutes from prep to the finished product and is enough for several whole weeks of breakfast. I wanted to attempt a fruity version after the nut-filled one, so I went to my favorite place — the clearance rack at Target — and stocked up on multiple varities of dried fruit. The sweetness of the mixed berry blend goes great with the simplicity of the oats and cinnamon mixture. I dare you to not fall in love with it in just one bite!Recipe: Mixed Berry Granola
Makes 15 servings
What You Need:
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 10 oz dried mixed berries
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup maple syrup
What To Do:
1. Preheat your oven to 325 F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oats and the cinnamon.
3. In a small saucepan, heat syrup, vanilla, and butter until the butter is completely melted.
4. Add the syrup mixture to the oats and toss to coat.
5. Spread the granola onto a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
6. Bake for 40 minutes, flipping granola halfway through.
7. Add in dried fruit and mix well.
8. Let cool completely and then divide into airtight containers.