I am very excited about this post because it’s my first ever link-up party post! The fabulous group of bloggers are all doing tailgating recipes, so definitely make sure you check them all out for inspiration for all your football watching. I decided to make pinwheels inspired by pizza I had last week — pepperoni, pineapple, and jalapeno. It sounds weird, I know, but it tastes amazing. They are an easy way to get a filling fix during the big game.
Recipe: Spicy Pepperoni and Pineapple Pinwheels
Makes 20 pinwheels
What You Need:
- 2 seamless rolled dough sheets
- 1/4 cup pepperoni slices
- 1/4 cup diced pineapple
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapenos
- 1/2 cup mozzerella cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauceWhat To Do:1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.2. Carefully unroll the dough. Using a pastry brush, lightly spread half the sauce onto the top. Sprinkle half the cheese evenly over the sauce.
3. Top with half of the pepperoni, pineapple, and jalapeno. Starting at one of the long ends, roll the dough back up.
4. Repeat this process with the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate both logs for at least an hour.
4. Cut each log into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place onto a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the dough begins to brown.
Click the aodrable blue frog below to see the other tailgating recipes!: