I know, I know. Everyone is excited that Pumpkin Spice is back at Starbucks. My Instagram feed was flooded with pictures of my beautiful blogger friends celebrating its triumphant return. For me, however, the return means that my favorite Starbucks drink is back in season — the Caramel Apple Spice. I’ve tried to recreate the popular cider a few times but never quite got it perfect. I knew that Starbucks uses Treetop Apple Juice to make it, after a barista once told me she was out of the brand and couldn’t make me one — even though her store was inside a Target. The apple juice and some cinnamon didn’t cut it though and I finally found out why. Starbucks uses a syrup called Cinnamon Dolce to make my favorite hot beverage. A giant bottle of it will run you $12.95 in stores, but it’s worth it if you want to recreate the drink at home since it’ll last you a while.
Recipe: Almost-Famous Caramel Apple Spice
Makes 1 drink
What You Need:
- 1 & 1/4 cup Treetop Apple Juice
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Syrup
- whipped cream
- pourable bottle of caramel topping
What To Do:
1. In a small saucepan, bring apple juice and syrup to a boil.
2. Let cool slightly before pouring into your favorite mug
3. Top with whipped cream and caramel topping.