Break out your stretchy pants, because it’s National Donut Day!
When I found out a few weeks ago that June 7th was going to be National Donut Day, I knew I wanted to make something special to celebrate. 3 Musketeers are my all-time favorite chocolate bars and after extensive scouring on the internet I realized that a lot of people don’t use them in recipes. I then found out firsthand that this is because the fluffy bars of heaven have a weird consistency if you bake them certain ways. I have a black-spotted tray of brownies in the trashcan to prove it. Rest assured that the 3 Musketeers in these delicious donuts make them sweeter, softer, and addictive.
Recipe: 3 Musketeers Donuts
Makes 8 donuts
What You Need for the Donuts:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup fun-sized 3 Muskateers, chopped and at room temperature
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup EVOO
What You Need for the Glaze:
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon hot water
What To Do:
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 F
2. Mix 1/3 chopped candy bars in a mixer until they are soft and creamy. Add in flour, sugar, baking soda, and cocoa powder.
3. Add in sour cream, EVOO, milk and egg.
4. Spoon mixture into the holes in your donut pan.
5. Bake 9 – 10 minutes.
6. Let the donuts cool 15 minutes.
7. In a small bowl make your glaze by heating chocolate chips, corn syrup, and butter in the microwave for 1 minute. Add in the hot water and mix again. Do NOT make the glaze until the donuts are cool enough or the glaze will get lumpy before it is time to use it.
8. Spread a thin layer of glaze onto each donut. Smooth the glaze with the back of a spoon until it is even.
9. Top the donuts with the remaining pieces of candy bar.
10. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.