Not the prettiest thing to look at, but I wanted to share the recipes for these wraps I made because they are healthy and surprisingly delicious. I don’t usually like tuna in any form besides straight up with mayo on some toasted bread. So when I found the Mediterranean Tuna Salad Rolls in the Jillian Michaels Fat Burning Meal Planner, I was hesitant. I put my own little spin on it and apparently I like tuna salad now. Who knew?
Recipe: Tuna Salad Wraps adapted from Jillian Michaels Meal Planner
Makes 2 sandwiches
What You Need:
- 1 can (5 oz.) light tuna in water, drained
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 wheat tortillas or flatbreads (I used Flatouts)
- 1 cup baby spinach
What To Do:
1. Mix together all ingredients except for the tortillas and spinach until well combined.
2. Divide tuna mixture into two. Lay out a tortilla and lightly cover with mixture. Add half of the baby spinach and roll up.
I prefer to cut my tortilla in half (although i ate both halves in one sitting). I just think it’s easier to hold when it’s in the smaller portions.