Honestly, it’s been a while since I made this recipe so I don’t really remember where I got it from. I know I cut it out of Taste of Home or Cooking Club or one of those kind of magazines. If you know where it’s from, please let me know!
Strawberry-Cream Cheese Muffins
Makes 12 Muffins
What You Need:
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup + 3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
6 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into pieces
1 cup chopped strawberries
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons buttermilk
1 3 oz. package cream cheese, dived into twelve cubes.
What You Do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and butter together in mixer.
3. When butter is in crumbles, add strawberries, buttermilk, and eggs.
4. Pour mixture into greased muffin pan.
5. Dip cream cheese cubes into leftover sugar. Place one on each muffin.
6. Bake 25 minutes. Serve Warm.