When I went to Target to purchase everything for this recipe, the cashier looked into my basket and said, “Oh! You’re making s’mores.” I felt like Rowan Atkinson in Love Actually as he tried to explain that his gift wrapping was “so much more than a box.” Or, in this case, more than a s’more. OR S’more than a s’more! I’ll stop now….
See the original recipe here:http://kneadtocook.com/?p=1480
Now here’s my version:
S’mores Cookie Bars
11 tablespoons of butter (softened)
1 cup of light brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
21/4 cup of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 bag dark chocolate chips
3 cups mini marshmellows marshmallows
2 King-Size Hershey bars
1 box of graham crackers
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line 13.5 x 9 in. pan with graham crackers. (Will need to break some in half to fit)
3. Mix together vanilla, eggs, brown sugar, melted butter, flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
4. Add entire bag of chocolate chips (yeah, I’m serious) and half of the marshmellows.
5. Bake 10 minutes.
6. Leaving the oven on, top the dough with the rest of the marshmellows and the hershey bars (in bits).
7. Bake another 12 minutes.
***THE FINAL STEP***
Carefully change your oven over to broil so that the heat can toast the marshmellows like real S’mores. This takes one minute. WATCH IT LIKE A HAWK because if you leave it in too long, your bars will start to smoke. (Trust me; I know from experience.)
Let cool for 1 hour before cutting. Serve with a glass of cold milk.