Did you know tomorrow is National Chocolate Chip Day? I couldn’t wait to use the fancy chocolate chips I bought over the weekend though, so I melted them down to make this Reese’s Puffs Puppy Chow. It’s a great snack for when you’re getting those peanut butter blues! Be advised: making puppy chow is messy business but the payoff is 100% worth it. Want something even sweeter? Today I’m hosting my first giveaway! Details are listed after this delicious recipe.
Recipe: Reese’s Puffs Puppy Chow
What You Need:
- 6 cups corn Chex cereal
- 4 cups Reese’s Puffs cereal
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag peanut butter chips
What To Do:
1. Divide the Chex evenly between two large bowls.
2. Add 1 cup Reese’s Puffs to each of the bowls.
3. Pour chocolate chips into a small bowl and heat in the microwave for 40 seconds. Stir the chips and microwave again. Do this until the chocolate is smooth when you mix it. Then do the same for the peanut butter chips.
4. Pour the chocolate into one of your bowls and gently stir, being careful not to crush the cereal. Make sure all of the cereal is coated. I highly recommend using your hands to help make sure all of the cereal gets coated. Just make sure you have lots of paper towels near by because your hands will get messy.
5. Place coated cereal on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
6. Repeat this process with the peanut butter and place the mixture on a separate lined baking sheet.
7. Let the coated cereal harden, about 30 minutes. The peanut butter will harden faster than the chocolate. If after 30 minutes the chocolate is still sticky, place the baking sheet in the fridge for 30 minutes.
8. In a large tupperware container, mix both the chocolate and peanut butter cereals together. Add in the rest of the Reese’s Puffs until they are distributed evenly.
9. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Now here’s the even sweeter part. I’m hosting my first giveaway on the blog to celebrate big news I received last week. Last month I entered my Chocolate Covered Espresso Cookies in a recipe contest sponsored by my favorite ice cream company, Ben & Jerry’s, and I found out that I won! Not only will I get awesome Ben & Jerry’s swag (hello, free ice cream!), but I found out my recipe is going to be featured in All You magazine this fall! The editors weren’t sure which month it would be published in, but I am so excited nonetheless.
I want you to celebrate with my so I’m doing a cookie themed giveaway! The winner will receive a copy of the Crazy About Cookies cookbook, an adorable set of 4 measuring spoons from World Market, and a dozen of the cookies that will be published in All You! Sound good? Use the RaffleCopter below to enter for your chance to win. The giveaway will end next Tuesday, May 21st.