I was pretty excited for this recipe from the Hidden Ponies blog because I have never used a pomegrante for anything before. Although it was messy to scoop out the arils (the red beads inside the fruit), the end product was delicious. The title is a handful, but the cookies were pretty simple to make. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get a decent picture of the final product.
1) I kept eating them because they were so delicious
2) My cookies looked like a hot mess because I scooped big portions and they all stuck together in blobs.
For beautiful pictures of these cookies, please refer to the original poster in the link above.
Recipe: Chocolate Pomegranate Oatmeal Cookies
What You Need:
1 large bar chocolate
1 cup oats
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup suagr
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Cream butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla.
3. Add in all ingredients but the chocolate and pomegranate. The dough will be a greyish brown. Don’t freak out (I did).
4. Break the chocolate into chunks and add to batter.
5. Carefully cut the pomegranate in half. Using your hands or a knife, scoop out all the arils from both halves. There will more behind the fleshy parts of the fruit. Just carefully rip them off to expose the arils. Add to batter.
6. Scoop small balls of dough onto cookie sheet and bake 12 minutes.